Sunday, December 20, 2009

What does Christmas meant to you when you are a kid?

To me Christmas was all about gifts and toys, and not forgetting the red fat man. I remembered together with my brother we hung a red sock on our window the night of Christmas eve hoping that there would be a toy inside it... and the next day there was a toy in it!.. we really thought that Santa really visited us and gave us a toy each, then we ask our dad did he put that toy in and he denied it.. it was one of the happy childhood moments that i had..

What does it mean to you now?

Right now it's not about toys anymore, but about people and God, not forgetting the food as well..lol.. it's about how God came to earth to live and die for us, also not forgetting that he rose on the 3rd day. seeing people coming to know God and being transform by him is the most amazing thing that one can ever see, truly it's not by might but by the spirit that touches that person as he/she continuously to seek his face.

----

I recognise this feeling inside me, it feels like it's eating my heart.. making it more empty and there it is loneliness, for the past few days it was eating me which i did not realize it nor did i check it, until i can't stand that feeling anymore and decided to seek God and ask why is this happening again. And this is what he said

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, as the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55: 8-9

Indeed i will never understand God enough.. and soon enough he lifted that feeling away from me.
As i check that void maybe there is a longing for a complete family, an intimacy that i long for. But i know all these will never fill that cross shape figure in my heart.
For God longs to come in and eat with us, he desires that intimacy with us, he is jealous when other things are placed first other than him.

God forgive me of my sins.
" Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need" Hebrews 4:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home